The Irish Hereford Breeders Association was founded on 26th August 1909 at a meeting held at the RDS, Ballsbridge, Dublin. A special award to mark a century of progress since, a specially commissioned medallion will be presented to each first prize-winner at the National Hereford Show in 2009.
A historical booklet to mark the occasion, which will include articles on some of the foundation Irish Hereford herds and items of interest up to the transfer of responsibility from the Association to the current Irish Hereford Breed Society in 1971/2, will be published. It is anticipated that this will not be ready to launch until the end of the calendar year.
A commemorative badge will also be available to members. Invitations to overseas visitors to join with Irish Hereford Breeders at Tullamore will be issued as well as the hosting of a centenary dinner in late October.