- Tullamore Saturday March 19th
- Bandon Wednesday April 6th
- Nenagh Saturday April 16th
- Kilmallock Friday April 29th
- Nenagh Saturday May 21st
Following a complete review of Society sales a number of changes have been adopted for 2011 in an effort to provide a higher standard of product for the customer, more accessibility for customer and producer and ultimately a better return for the breeder. The Society’s Council looks forward to the co-operation of breeders in implementing any changes arising.
New Venue for Premier Sales
· The Premier Spring & Autumn sales will be held on a Saturday and have been moved to a new venue at GVM Tullamore.
· Tullamore is a modern well run premises that is very central with good access from all regions including Northern Ireland for both buyers and sellers.
· Export facilities will be available on the day.
Additional Requirements for sales
· All animals must be tested BVD FREE. (See info re BVD testing below)
· A minimum weight for entry will apply ie. 12 to 14 months 500kg, and 14 months upwards 550 kgs. All animals subject to inspection.
· No prizemoney will be distributed. Instead purchasers of animals at €1,500 or above sold through the ring will be included in a draw. The purchasers prizefund at the Premier Spring Sale 2011 will be €1,000 jointly sponsored by the Society and Irish Hereford Prime. Five prizes of €200 each will be awarded.
Minimum Opening Bid
· A minimum opening bid of €1,200 will apply (At current slaughter prices a 550kg bull will make over €1,100)
Promotion of Spring Sales
Better use will be made of the media to promote the Society Sales including:
· Use of texting service to notify Society and HP members of sales etc.
· Society Web site
· Advertising on a weekly basis in the Farmers Journal & Irish Examiner for the spring period
· Advertising on local radio prior to the major spring sales including
· Proposed launch of the new Premier Spring Sale venue at an event to include exhibitors, members, prospective purchasers and members of national and local press and local radio.
This can be carried out by your local vet or through Enfer Lab, Kildare via their tag system. For contact details etc please contact this office at 044/9348855 or the Enfer Lab. at 045/ 983807